Well I have been playing Nexuiz for around 8 hours now (not continuously, I needed sleep) and have found that for a free a game it is not that bad at all. Like previously mentioned, it certainly has the look and feel of Unreal Tournament. The maps, characters and weapons are very similar all be it the poorer graphics. It's super fast and game play doesn't stop for a minute. Very good fun to play. I have a few issues with it though. The server list is poorly organized, it is very hard to discern what kind of game you are going into until you're actually in it. This may be because I have only just started playing it. Some of the maps seem to very laggy especially when multiple explosions occur. I am using a Macbook Pro with it on medium settings and an 8meg connection so it doesn't seem like there is issue with my computer or connection. There are still a few bugs to iron out such as the game quitting unexpectedly when playing certain games. This is to be expected though. Other than that, for a free game, it is a fine offering and I urge any one to download and play it.
In other news. I received my copy of the MUSE H.A.A.R.P special edition dvd today. For the unknowing, this is a dvd of their performance at Wembley Stadium on 17th June 2007. It was an amazing gig and the dvd does it justice. I am also pleased to see that I am on the dvd in the crowd. You can see me at around 12:24 in the bottom right of the screen. I am wearing a yellow T-shirt. That made my day when I spotted myself.
Also Middlesbrough beat Derby, 1-0 as well which is a good result for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment